Industrial facilities offer major opportunities for CHP to enhance the energy efficiency of manufacturing operations, such as those used for chemical, refining, ethanol, pulp and paper, food processing, and glass manufacturing plants.
- Institutional facilities such as colleges and universities, hospitals, prisons, federal facilities and military bases provide cost-effective and energy-efficient CHP opportunities.
- Commercial buildings such as hotels, airports, high-tech campuses, large office buildings, and nursing homes, are excellent candidates for CHP.
- District energy sites offer major opportunities for CHP deployment.
- Municipal use of CHP is a growing market, including wastewater treatment facilities and K-12 schools.
- Residential CHP systems represent an opportunity to cost-effectively provide power and heat for multi-family housing and planned communities.